The following resources are helpful for exploring the topic of small business capital.
- The Oconee Capital Matrix. This locally customized matrix serves as a directory to both local and regional capital resources, including local commercial lenders, regional SBA lenders, regional Angel and Venture Capital, and more. The document also includes information on free local training and educational references.
- Contact the Tri-County Entrepreneurial Development Corporation and/or the Clemson Region Small Business Development Center. Both of these local partners provide free hands-on training and mentorship on a variety of business topics, including business capital.
Dave Eldridge: 727.422.4459
413 Sirrine Hall
Clemson, SC 29634
- The SC Small Business Development Center website provides great information on small business finance. Under the “Grow an Existing Business” tab, click on “Financial Aspects”. You will find the following informational materials plus more.
- Learn how SBA financing works on the Small Business Administration website. Check out the videos and training exercises on finance in the SBA Learning Center. While it is never easy to secure a commercial loan, SBA participation in a bank loan package can sometimes get tough-to-approve applications over the hump.
- 3Phase, a new resource provided by The Office of Innovation at the S.C. Department of Commerce, aims to assist research-based companies in South Carolina successfully acquire Small Business Innovation Research (SBIR) and Small Business Technology Transfer (STTR) awards. A first of its kind, 3Phase will provide training and workshops throughout the state on the federal SBIR and STTR programs, while managing the application process for a portfolio of companies, both at no cost to participants.